Friday, July 11, 2008

Update

It's been crazy around here lately! In the past three weeks, I've finished the previous school year, we moved, and the new school year has started. Insane!

We are getting settled in our new apartment. We are working on some "home improvement" projects, so we're just waiting on those to be done, then we can finish unpacking our boxes. We were given a wooden bookshelf for free (good find Josh and Kelly, and thanks Martin for bringing it over!). We've been out on the balcony the last few nights sanding it. Our original idea was to sand it, then stain it, but we think it must've been kept in an outside storage area, because there are some paint stains on it and some water damage on the side that can't be covered up. Last night, we decided that it's a little too damaged to just stain it, so we're changing modes and are going to paint it this weekend.

Project number two is my baby! Jeremy keeps giving me that quizzical "really? are you sure?" look, but I'm going to try it. :) Our kitchen table got some big scratches all over the top in the Uhaul. Our table is medium colored wood, but the scratches look almost white. For now, I covered most of it up with strategically placed placemats and salt and pepper shakers. My plan is to tile the top of it. I think it'll look really cool! We're going to look at tile tomorrow, so hopefully we'll find something we like. Sam + Home Improvement projects = Very Interesting! Hehehe

So, we've been busy working this week. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the new apartment! When we moved in there were no bugs, the place smelled fresh, everything worked, and was super clean. YAY! The neighbors are much better, too! It was such a different move in experience than last time. As much as I hated the old apartment and all it's nastiness, I am thankful that we had to live there for a year. Now, when I look around at our clean, bug free apartment, I am just overwhelmed with thankfulness to God for providing this place for us! It's definitely not taken for granted!

Well, I better go---I have to get ready for work. :) Which, by the way, is only 6 minutes away, now! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: